The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality patient- and family-centered medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian healthcare professionals work side-by-side with military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
This position is that of Dermatologist assigned to the Internal Medicine Department, Dermatology Division, Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, California. The Dermatologist works collaboratively within a team of professionals dedicated to quality, efficient, cost effective patient care services. The Dermatologist serves as a Dermatology Physician providing care and support services to the medical staff, support staff, inpatients, and outpatients of the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, CA.
Yes relocation expenses may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel and available command funding.
- You must be a US Citizen
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
- Selectee must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Selectee is required to participate in the direct deposit pay program
- Provide comprehensive consultation examination, diagnosis, and treatment of skin and adjacent mucous membranes, cutaneous appendages, hair, nails and subcutaneous tissue diseases.
- Perform a full range of dermatologic procedures but not limited to the following: Diagnosis and management procedures to include fungal cultures, microscopy, Wood's lamp exam, patch testing; Shave, punch, and excisional biopsies; Electrodessication and curettage; Excision surgeries; Intralesional Kenalog injections; Axillary Botox; Lasers to include hair removal, vascular, and fractional; Photodynamic therapy; Phototherapy; and Nail Biopsies.
- Prescribe and dispense medication as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Technically supervise, perform or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals, residents, interns, medical students (e.g. diagnostic and treatment procedures) in accordance with clinical privileges.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
- MD or DO from an accredited school in the United States or Canada. Is your degree from a foreign medical school? If yes, then you must have a permanent ECFMG or Fifth Pathway Certificate. Please make sure your application includes your ECFMG or 5th Pathway Certificate number including date awarded.
- 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Dermatology (i.e., 3 yrs. Residency & 2 yrs. fellowship and/or experience)? Your resume must reflect that you have a sufficient level of expertise in Dermatology to perform the core privileges of this position at the GP-15 Level.
- Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Satisfy BUMEDs clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialtyapproved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as a Dermatology Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment. Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command.
- A favorable Access National Agency Check and Inquiries background investigation is required.
- Selectee will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- Selectee must possess Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) and Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)/Seasonal Flu influenza is required.
- Up to date vaccinations are required.
- Selectee must meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements for the Department of the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
How to Apply via Email:
Please email your complete resume (no pictures or SSN, please) including beginning and ending dates, month and year, a detail description of duties performed for all experiences directly to Medjobs@navy.mil and insert the Vacancy ID is HC1803653 into the subject line.
Your complete application (must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Friday, April 28, 2017.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sign up for Job Alerts
DermatologistBanki Skin InstituteGlastonbury, CT 06033Mar 26
Dermatology PhysicianKendall & DavisCharlotte, NCMar 26
DermatologistConnecticut Dermatology Group, PCNorwalk, CT 06851Mar 26
Board Certified or Board Eligible DermatologistRenew DermatologyRichmond, VA 23229Mar 26
DermatologyLakeland Regional HealthLakeland, FL 33805Mar 26
Latest from the webjobs by
Seeking Supervising DermatologistBronx, Manhattan, NYC Dermatology PracticeNew York, NY7 Mar
Physician / Dermatology / New York / Permanent / Utica, NY group adding another Dermatologist JobStaff Physician RecruiterNew York, NY25 Mar
Physician / Dermatology / New York / Permanent / New York City group adding a Dermatologist JobStaff Physician RecruiterNew York, NY25 Mar
DermatologistGarden City DermatologyGarden City, NY 115307 Mar
DermatologistMedical Group PracticeOlean, NY 1476026 Jan
Cosmetic DermatologistDermatology AuthoritySouthern CaliforniaFeb 27
Great Opportunity in North Carolina for a FT DermatologistSona Dermatology & MedSpaRaleigh, NC, United StatesMar 06
Thriving Practice in Charlotte, NC is seeking a FT DermatologistSona Dermatology & MedSpaCharlotte, NC, United StatesFeb 10
MOHS SurgeonPenn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical CenterState College, PA, United StatesMar 03
Physician- DermatologyMoonlighting SolutionsCharlotte, NC 28105Mar 01